Poets deliberately withhold from their resumes and job applications the fact that they are poets. You may not be aware you have poets on staff. There is absolutely nothing worse. This list of â€œpoet behaviorsâ€ will help you root them out. A poet:
- frequents the post office
- reads books and magazines with no pictures in them
- cannot tell you the current date and time
- claims to have cremated one â€œSam McGeeâ€
- has studied "humanities"
- frequently finds important workplace communications to be â€œvagueâ€ or â€œhilariousâ€
- brings bearded individuals to the company party
- claims to possess talents which, however, are undetectable and unquantifiable
- says, without context, things such as â€œâ€™twas the wily Boche that got meâ€
Find one? Ready, aim, fire!